Pico 2 Headstage, Amplifier, Digitizer
Pico 2 is a feature-rich, low-noise patch clamp amplifier with an integrated digitizer and headstage. Pico 2 is ideally suited for whole cell (Vclamp and Iclamp) and single-channel (patch, planar lipid bilayer and synthetic nanopore) recording, as well as cellular electrochemistry.
Clean Head Switching™ technology allows software controlled switching between voltage clamp and current clamp, or between multiple feedback resistors, without introducing any artefacts. This enables one Pico 2 to support a wide range of applications including Whole Cell, Single Channel, Multi-Cell, Bilayers, Electrochemistry, and Current Clamp.
In voltage clamp mode, the Pico 2 provides 5 feedback gain resistors ranging from 10 MΩ to 10 GΩ. In current clamp mode, the Pico 2 provides 3 range settings from ±2 nA to ±200 nA.
Internal Model Cell allows for self calibration of the experiment setup, as well as, rapid post-experiment amplifier validation.
- Fully featured 1-channel amplifier
- USB powered
- Voltage Clamp and Current Clamp
- Series resistance compensation
- Multiple capacitance compensations
- Very small size
- Integrated headstage and digitizer
- Under 1 Watt power consumption
- Low Noise
- Adapter plates available to fit Pico 2 to Siskiyou, Sutter & NeoBiosystems micromanipulators
Pico 2 is controlled by a single USB interface to PC and is supplied with Tecella’s proprietary TecellaLab software package.
Also compatible with: